Skip to main content

Ato Dadzie Divorces Wife

 ATO KWAMENA Dadzie, News Editor of Joy 99.7 Fm, has divorced his beloved wife despite the biblical admonition in Mark 10: 7-9 that “a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh. So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”



The marriage lasted some three years and details of the divorce are still sketchy.
NEWS-ONE gathered however that for close to a year now, Ato and his wife had constant misunderstandings over who should play what role at home and which of them had the final say.
Ato, aside being a journalist, is an author and a satirist with a hallmark of humor and wit. Though he has not passed public comments on the divorce, he has changed his status on his Facebook page from married to divorced and has written what seems like a confirmation on his official blog
 “I have heard most, if not all, of the rumours about my marriage. Some just made me shake my head. Most others made me laugh. I enjoyed them all. But it’s time to end the rumours and announce to the world, formally, that my marriage of three years has broken up.
 “I would love to spill the beans and speak openly about how it came to this. But for very good reasons, I can’t. For now, all I can say is that marriage has been one of the few ventures in my life that I committed and dedicated everything I had to. I gave it my all and I did everything I humanely could to make it work. It just wouldn’t work,” Ato wrote on his blog
He continued by saying, “So both of us decided that we were better off going our separate ways for, as Lucky Dube said, it is ‘better to be alone and be happy than be with someone and be unhappy.’
“It’s been one of the most difficult periods of my life and I am well and truly glad that it’s over. I am not bitter. I am not angry. I am not hurt. I don’t need pity from anyone. One day, when the complete story is told, everyone will know that getting divorced was one of the best things that happened to me – after marriage. I kid you not!”
Interestingly, Ato was very critical of Archbishop Nicholas Duncan William when news broke that the Archbishop had divorced his wife.
Ato, in commenting on Duncan’s divorce wrote, “In my opinion, Nicholas Duncan-Williams has lost his moral authority to advise married couples. But he has also gained one very important thing: a new wife. For that I congratulate him. I also congratulate him for setting yet another (bad) example for Christians and people like me.”
“This, though, is an example, I will gladly follow. Marriage is not by force. If I marry on Saturday and start having problems on Sunday, I will go to court on Monday for a divorce. I just hope it won’t be as public and as nasty as the archbishop’s. But most important of all, I hope I will get a new wife before the divorce proceedings end,” he quoted in one of his articles on myjoyonline.com with the caption,Ato Kwamena Dadzie: The Archbishop Does It Again’.
“PS: I wrote all of this on the assumption that, perhaps, Duncan-Williams is not as anointed as he might want us to believe. So ‘touch not my anointed’, as God reportedly warned, should hopefully not apply in this case. However, if he’s that anointed then I’m going to hell for writing these things about him. And for reading it, you are coming with me. Sorry, I should have warned you earlier!”






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zynnell Zuh Vs Omoni Oboli: Who Best Rocks The Colours?

 It is unclear which colours are ruling the red carpet and glamour events lately. Last weekend actresses Zynnell Zuh and Omoni Oboli attended the premiere of Being Mrs Elliot at the Silverbird Cinemas in Accra on Friday in some unique colours. Though they both had slightly different colours, their touch of coral, dusty rose, off white and cream colours almost looked the same to eyes. Zynnell Zuh & Omoni Oboli colours Omoni Oboli style

Ghanaian Actor Eddie Watson's Dad Dies

Eddie Watson Actor, Eddie Watson has lost his dad. The old man reportedly died on Thursday dawn after a short illness. The man died the same week Watson was preparing to go to Liberia to visit his family after incessant calls on him by his dad to come home for a discussion. Unfortunately, he was called on Thursday dawn that his dead had died. It is yet to be confirmed if he is still in Ghana or he has left for Liberia to join the family to mourn their late dad. Eddie is currently one of Ghana’s most sought-after actors. He has featured in a number of Ghanaian movies and was privileged to become one of the few Ghanaians to make it to Nollywood. Among his movies are ‘ Masters of The Game,’ ‘ Turn Me On’ , ‘Somewhere In Africa’ ‘A Reason To Kill’, ‘Single Six’, and ‘Married & Single’. A couple of weeks ago, the actor made the headlines when his mum came out publicly to state her worries about his son’s failure to get married. It was unclear if it was the

Tiffany Drops New Single Neke Neke

Tiffany  Songstress Antoinette Tiffany Owusu popularly known as “Itz Tiffany” has dropped a new banger titled, ‘Neke Neke’ produced by hit beat maker Killbeatz. It is anticipated to take over the music scene very soon.  The new song comes with an impressive video shot by Nana Assihene and is receiving some massive airplay across the globe. Tiffany is indeed one of the raising stars of Ghana making headlines all over the globe. Born on the 20th of March, Itz Tiffany has indeed made a mark for herself in the showbiz fraternity. The queen of Azonto has been in the music scene for seven years now and there is no doubt about her versatility when it comes to music. You can call her ‘Miss Versatile’, as Okyeame Kwame has already taken Mr. versatile. The ‘Fake London Boy’ hit maker showed us her rap skills lyrically after making her presence felt in the main stream with the song She came back with, ‘Last One’ featuring Castro which made news in Ghana, London, and other francophone countri