Skip to main content

Lydia Forson Makes History At Africa’s Oscar


Lydia Forson on stage

 Ghanaian actress Lydia Forson made her fourth appearance at the prestigious African Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) in Nigeria over the weekend as one of the special guests of the glamorous event described as Africa’s Oscar.
She also made up the list of top Africans who were on stage to present awards.
The bubbly actress presented an award for Best Young/Upcoming Actor, which was won by Nigeria’s Ivie Okujaye for her role in the movie ‘Alero’s Symphony’.
Lydia has distinguished herself in Ghana’s movie industry as not just a good actress worth celebrating but also a woman of substance and dignity. She raised the flag of Ghana high on the AMAA stage with class.
At the 2011 edition, Lydia was invited as a guest and she also presented an award. Her first AMAA appearance was in 2009 when she was nominated for Promising of the Year.  In 2010, she went as a nominee and returned to Ghana as a co-winner of Best Actress In Leading Role for her performance in ‘Perfect Picture’ by Sparrows Production.
Lydia Forson on stage
After this year’s award ceremony, she told NEWS-ONE, “I have grown to love the AMAAs since the first time I was nominated and then later won. My first year, I felt out of place because I was overwhelmed by the top filmmakers I was mingling with. Over the years, I have come to feel like it’s one big family reunion that I look forward to; and to be invited as a guest celebrity is a huge honour and so surreal, considering all the other presenters. I am humbled that the board has considered me twice for this especially as young as I am in the industry. I can only say it was a wonderful feeling.”
Lydia is one of Africa’s best actresses. A lot of young African girls look up to her. She inspires thousands of them, hence the reason Lydia works diligently in the creative industry.   
credit NEWS-ONE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kweku Elliot Is The Hot New Face In Ghana's Movie Industry

Kweku Elliot Kweku Elliot has been described as the next big thing to happen to Ghana’s movie industry. Elliot is a star in the making and his nice voice, coupled with his unique persona, makes him stand out among the old and new faces in the industry. Elliot made his debut major role in the newly premiered ‘ Single & Married’ and even before the movie hits the market, fans who saw him do his thing in the movie have started loving him. Last week, actress Yvonne Nelson told fellow actors that they should watch out for Elliot because he was hot and very good. “He was amazing,” Yvonne said on TV3’s ‘Diva’s Show’. Kweku Elliott, known by all his friends and family as Kay Elliott, is a Ghanaian born upcoming television and film actor. Kweku Elliot & Yvonne Nelson One of his first acting roles was in the popular and widely televised advert for Vodafone dubbed ‘The Chase’ . Professionally, Elliott is a graphic designer who got into acting when one of h...

I’m Okay With Nudity In Movies –JJ Bunny

Francis Addo Wins 2021 Model Publicist Award

Francis Addo  Francis Addo  Ghanaian entertainment journalist and publicist, Francis Addo has received an award for Model Publicist of The Year at the just ended 2021 Ghana Models Award (GMA).  Francis who’s career spans over 15years is an entertainment editor with the biggest private-owned newspaper in Ghana, Daily Guide. He also runs @Ghanareporter on Instagram. He won the award for his dedication to promoting models and the fashion industry in general. The  GMA  is an annual ceremony that honours excellence in Ghana’s fashion and modeling industry. The 2021 event was the 4th edition and it was held at the AMA City Hall in Accra on September 18. Awards  were handed out to several other stakeholders including Edem Debrah and Anita Ofori who were adjudged  Male & Female  Models of the Year respectively.  TV personality, Angela Bamford also received an honorary award: The Citizen & Philanthropist Award for her charity engagements in re...