Wednesday, 9 May 2012


Nollywood actress Maureen Solomon Okereke is back on set years after she disappeared from the silver-screens.
“I’m back now,” she told NEWS-ONE a couple of weeks ago when she attended this year’s African Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) in Lagos, Nigeria.
Even though she has been in Nollywood for 10 years, this was her first time attending AMAA.
The beautiful actress went off the movie scene without any notice. After several rumuors, she came out to clear the air on why she decided to slow down on acting for some time.
“I have been home taking care of my children but I’m back now. My children are grown now. I have two kids, a boy and girls. My boy is 6 years old and my girl is 5,” Maureen told NEWS-ONE.
Maureen is one of the many faces in Nigeria who made what Nollywood is today.
She is an Igbo woman from Isochi in Abia State. She is from a family of seven and is a graduate of Enugu State University (ESUT).
She started acting in 2001.
“I wouldn’t say I started by mistake, it was by chance. Actually, I bumped into an audition. I went there to look for my sister who was attending the audition but when I got there, I was asked to be part of the audition and I got the role. Most of the things that happen in my life do so when I’m not prepared, just like acting, and I’m stuck with it because I just love it,” she once told nigeriamovies.net.
She has a lot of movies to her credit. The first movie that made people get to know her was ‘Not without my Daughter’.  She shot that movie in Jos. It was done by Lucky Joe, but the movie that made her more popular was ‘Women Affair’ by Annex Merchandise; hence she has over the years attributed her journey to stardom to these two movies.


Reactions:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Sample Text

Blog Archive

My Blog List

Blog's stats

Photo Gallery

Photo Gallery
Francis Addo & Sarkodie

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Loading...

fdee50@gmail.com

Followers

About Me

My photo

Award winning Ghanaian Journalist with Western Publications Limited; publishers of Daily Guide, Business Guide, News-One and Young Blazers.

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Custom Ad

Recent Posts

Text Widget