Skip to main content

I Feel Sexy In Bikini-Millicent




Millicent Ansomah Suzie, winner of Miss NEWS-ONE segment of the debut edition of Exopa’s Fashion Café, has been speaking about her experience during the show.
The beauty queen said she looked forward to a great career in modeling and that she was currently available for offers from any person or company in search of models.
The first time she did a bikini show, she said, was devoid of shyness. She said it rather made her confident, which was one of the marks of top models.
“I feel sexy in the bikinis,” she told NEWS-ONE in an exclusive interview last Wednesday.
She said as a model she was aware of the challenges including insults from people who were not comfortable with the idea of wearing bikinis and doing professional nude photos for magazines.
However, she psyched herself up for criticisms right from when she made the decision to make modeling a career.
Millicent, who has been modeling since 2009 after her training at the Modees Modeling Agency at Ashale Botwe, a suburb of Accra, hails from Kwahu Mpraeso.
She is a graduate of International School of Aviation at Tema, where she studied Shipping Management. But she packed her certificate under her pillow to pursue her passion, which is modeling.

Excerpts of her interview below:
Why Modeling    
Modeling has been my dream since childhood. I was not surprised I grew this tall because that was my prayer when I was growing up. I wanted to be a model and I became tall like that.

How did you start modeling?
After school of Aviation a friend told me about Modees Modeling Agency at Ashale Botwe in 2009. I went to train there and since then I have been modeling.

So how has the experience been like?
I will not say it has been good but this is just the beginning. So I am hoping for more opportunities. That is what I want now.

Who do you look up to in modeling?  
Tyra Banks. I just want to be like her and how she has come so far. Since the beginning of her career, people have been saying she is pessimistic, trying to talk her out of it.

How did your parents accept your modeling career?
My mum didn’t want me to. She tried to talk me out of it. My family didn’t like the idea of being a model. They see it as doing nothing but I still wanted to do it because that is what I want. That is why I am in it. My family sees it as something that will not last.

How do you feel when they tell you that?   
It dampens my spirit and I try to enlighten them about modeling as a career. It got to a time when I even decided to quit. I really wanted to quit but the zeal and passion in me kept me in.

So how far do you intend to go with  the dream?
Very far. Through modeling I want to go into acting. I will work hard and take opportunities that come my way.

Any other challenges?
As a model there are some pictures you need to take. Some consist of nude photos but people will see that and say it is not nice or it is bad to society. When you take such photos and it is in the magazine and people see it, they say this girl is a whore or prostitute. But I want them to know that it is part of the job. When they see that they should not insult us and see it as part of the job.

Have you done any nude photos before?
Not yet, but I am ready.

How do you want to do it?
Cover my breast and my private part and bend or lie on the floor.

Are you ready for the criticism that will come with it?
I am ready because I have already experienced that with my family. I don’t think coming from people outside will break me.

What did your family say after seeing you as Miss NEWS-ONE?
I was surprised, my mum was happy for me. She wasn’t like didn’t I warn you not to do that? My mum knows what’s best for me. She knows it will get me going in life.

How do you feel in bikinis?
I feel sexy.

Your expectation as the winner of Miss NEWS-ONE? 
I expect to get more jobs that will help make people notice me. I also hope it makes me bigger so that other girls will look up to me.












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zynnell Zuh Vs Omoni Oboli: Who Best Rocks The Colours?

 It is unclear which colours are ruling the red carpet and glamour events lately. Last weekend actresses Zynnell Zuh and Omoni Oboli attended the premiere of Being Mrs Elliot at the Silverbird Cinemas in Accra on Friday in some unique colours. Though they both had slightly different colours, their touch of coral, dusty rose, off white and cream colours almost looked the same to eyes. Zynnell Zuh & Omoni Oboli colours Omoni Oboli style

Ghanaian Actor Eddie Watson's Dad Dies

Eddie Watson Actor, Eddie Watson has lost his dad. The old man reportedly died on Thursday dawn after a short illness. The man died the same week Watson was preparing to go to Liberia to visit his family after incessant calls on him by his dad to come home for a discussion. Unfortunately, he was called on Thursday dawn that his dead had died. It is yet to be confirmed if he is still in Ghana or he has left for Liberia to join the family to mourn their late dad. Eddie is currently one of Ghana’s most sought-after actors. He has featured in a number of Ghanaian movies and was privileged to become one of the few Ghanaians to make it to Nollywood. Among his movies are ‘ Masters of The Game,’ ‘ Turn Me On’ , ‘Somewhere In Africa’ ‘A Reason To Kill’, ‘Single Six’, and ‘Married & Single’. A couple of weeks ago, the actor made the headlines when his mum came out publicly to state her worries about his son’s failure to get married. It was unclear if it was the

Tiffany Drops New Single Neke Neke

Tiffany  Songstress Antoinette Tiffany Owusu popularly known as “Itz Tiffany” has dropped a new banger titled, ‘Neke Neke’ produced by hit beat maker Killbeatz. It is anticipated to take over the music scene very soon.  The new song comes with an impressive video shot by Nana Assihene and is receiving some massive airplay across the globe. Tiffany is indeed one of the raising stars of Ghana making headlines all over the globe. Born on the 20th of March, Itz Tiffany has indeed made a mark for herself in the showbiz fraternity. The queen of Azonto has been in the music scene for seven years now and there is no doubt about her versatility when it comes to music. You can call her ‘Miss Versatile’, as Okyeame Kwame has already taken Mr. versatile. The ‘Fake London Boy’ hit maker showed us her rap skills lyrically after making her presence felt in the main stream with the song She came back with, ‘Last One’ featuring Castro which made news in Ghana, London, and other francophone countri